Putting in a plug for this sweet corn and quinoa to be invited to your next BBQ! It pairs well with just about everything; including tortilla chips, if you want to scoop it up for some corn on corn action (I approve).
I always order a side of sweet corn and quinoa when I’m at Flower Child (one of my fave casual, healthy restaurants). It’s light and creamy with a little tang from the greek yogurt, and it always sounds good. And I think this is a damn good replica!
Top with more cheese and freshly ground black pepper, and voila! Your new goes-with-everything summer side dish.
Sweet Corn and Quinoa (Flower Child Copycat)
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 ears corn, cut off the cob about 1 1/2 cups kernels
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt*
- 2 tbs cream or milk*
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup parmigiano reggiano, grated plus more for serving
- Place quinoa in strainer and rinse thoroughly under cool water. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan and toast over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, cover and turn down to a simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa are showing their little "tails", about 15 minutes.
- In another medium pan, heat avocado oil over medium/high heat. Add corn kernels and cook 2-3 minutes, until hot and starting to get golden in spots.
- Turn heat to low and add greek yogurt, cream, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Take off heat and fold in quinoa and parmigiano reggiano. Season with more salt and pepper to taste, and serve with more grated cheese on top.