These gooey marshmallow s’mores cookies are another favorite from my days of peddling cookie dough. The dough is full of crushed graham crackers, my favorite Kerrygold butter, Guittard milk chocolate chips (the BEST, I promise!), and lots of marshmallow flavor from mini marshmallows AND marshmallow bits.
If you haven’t tracked down marshmallow bits already to make my Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies, what are you waiting for?! The bits may seem like an obscure ingredient, but they give the cookies lots of marshmallow flavor without all of the spread of normal marshmallows. I grab mine at Target, but you can also buy them on Amazon if your Target doesn’t carry them.
I’m a big fan of mixing up a batch and freezing the dough, so you can bake a couple cookies fresh whenever you want!
Gooey Marshmallow S’mores Cookies
- Whisk together crushed graham crackers, flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar together with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes at a moderate speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Turn mixer to lowest setting and add dry ingredients, mixing until just barely combined. Add chocolate chips, marshmallow bits and mini marshmallows and gently mix to incorporate.
- Scoop dough into cookie dough balls (I use my hands) that weigh about 100g each. Do not flatten or roll the dough into smooth balls – the more nooks and crannies, the better! Place in the fridge to chill for at least one hour, but up to 48 hours, before baking.**
- Preheat the oven to 350' (325' convection). Bake cookies, 6 at a time, on a parchment or silpat-lined baking sheet for 12-15 min, until lightly golden on top and bottom***
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 10 minutes to set. You can use a spatula to gently nudge edges of cookies into a circular shape while cookies are still warm. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.