- I know we’re all tuning into the Olympics but don’t forget that Season 2 of Ted Lasso hits Apple TV today! So much feel good TV to look forward to. Also, I wish some of the higher ups would take this tweet seriously.
I am yet again asking the olympics to simply let a regular non athlete person do the event first so I can understand how good these people are
— kelsey mckinney (@mckinneykelsey) June 19, 2021
- 2021 is the summer I’m finally embracing shorts after a good decade of boycotting them. Finally accepting that my legs have cellulite and spider veins, and it’s rare to find them shaved above the knee.. but damn, shorts feel good! The airflow is life-altering! Lulu’s 6″ Align Shorts are my favorites, the fabric is pure butter. After the year we’ve had, we all deserve to feel like we aren’t wearing any pants at all, and these shorts are the ticket. Paired with this super soft oversized tee and it’s my perfect summer outfit.
- Not interested in debating politics, but I will weigh in on the hot button topic of a matte vs. shiny face. If you’re okay with a little shine, meet my new BFF (in Starglow). I’ve been dabbing a tiny bit on my t-zone, along my cheekbones and under my brow bone. Middle school Amy would die – I rubbed thick white Clearasil cream all over my forehead before school every morning to make sure I was as matte as humanly possible. Half my shirts were bleached by the benzoyl peroxide but it was a small price to pay to ensure no light bounced off my face, ever. ANYWAY- people can change, and I’m enjoying the dewiness. I am also loving their mascara.
- Finished Beach Read by Emily Henry and I liked it – but I heard this one is better and I’m excited to read it next. As always, taking all book recommendations!
- If you too are working on weaning yourself off of some very expensive skincare products in hopes of buying a home before you turn 50 – I’ve switched to Maelove’s Glow Maker Serum and am saving $100/bottle compared to my last Vitamin C serum. That hurts to write but it’s true. And it’s not just cheap – it works. Love that Maelove uses clean ingredients and is research-based. If you’re not already using Vitamin C, they have a great guide about why to start.
- Just ordered these platform Converse on sale after admiring them on my friend Sam. Supposedly they are light and comfy, a necessity these days as I feel I’m one bad shoe away from plantar fasciitis.
- Still dying over my kid’s swimmers from Sunnie Hunnies. I can’t with the Hazel One Piece and the Stella Bikini ????????
- The Strawberry + Lime Coconut Refresher from The Salted Sweets has become our drink of summer! Just mix one can Coconut LaCroix with one packet Wild Strawberry Crystal Light and a squeeze of lime. Brooke adds a shot of whipped cream too, but I think it’s great without.
- And lastly, @houseinhabit’s #FreeBritney stories on Instagram are still sucking me in. Are you following along? Does Britney really control her own Instagram? Will we ever find out?!